RDA (Rebuild-able Dripping Atomizer) is a type of rebuildable atomizer (RBA) with a deck and posts (to fasten the coil and to provide a closed path for electric energy from the batteries that heat the coil).
The tank part to hold the e-liquid is omitted in this system, and instead, the liquid is dripped by the user directly onto the coil or the wick by removing the cap and replacing it before vaping. In some cases, there is a small reservoir present under the coil assembly which holds a minute quantity of e-juice.
The Rebuild-able Dripping Atomizer tanks are known to be the best vaping hardware unit, in terms of pure and intense vapor output ideal for cloud chasers wanting to blow massive vapor clouds with intense flavor. RDA's have become the go-to equipment for advanced vapers.
However, while there are certainly some advantages of using an RDA there are also some cons that are simply too much for the average vape user.
Pros of an RDA tank:
- It provides a truly wonderful vaping experience, with thick clouds and intense flavor – a true standard!
- Easy on the pocket – cotton and coils are cheap.
- A wide range of choices.
- Customizable coil options – bring out the inner creative you!
- Stable and solid performance.
- Easy to maintain and manage.
Cons of an RDA tank:
- No e-juice storage capacity, other than small wells.
- Wicking can be complex and difficult for beginners.
- Frequent dripping of e-juice is required, making it a hassle.
- An initial investment of buying a decent RDA tank is high.
- Experience in coil building required to maximize the potential of your RDA.