How to take an Interview While Hiring a Lawyer?
Hiring an excellent lawyer can be challenging task. There are hundreds of lawyers available. Personal meeting with a lawyer is considered a great option when it comes to hiring. However, you don’t want to be in a rush because there are other ways you can do that. And it is by asking them questions over the phone. These are a few set of questions you need to ask when you are interviewing for a lawyer.
- Do you charge any form of consultation fees? – If the lawyer does, then ask for the price along with the duration offered to the client.
- Do you accept different forms of payment? –If yes, then what form and also ask if they can negotiate for their fees. If you and the lawyer come to an agreement, then move over to the next question.
- Have you handled a case in the past similar to mine? – You need to be certain that the lawyer knows how he or she is going to deal with your case. Ask the lawyer to give you an honest answer.
- Are you going to handle my case alone? Or will you be passing it to your subordinates? – Have a clear discussion about this question to avoid any form of confusion.
- How long have you been practicing law? – It is important to hire a lawyer who has a minimum of at least 5 to 6years of experience. Moreover, you also need to ask whether the lawyer has a valid license before taking your case.
With these set of questions, you can hire the best construction lawyers from Melbourne and other parts of Australia.